Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 5.4.
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into 5.4 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 5.4 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 5.4.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for 5.4 that lists suggested features for 5.3 that have not been discussed yet. This page will be removed after publishing 5.4.0 beta1.
Timeline for 5.4  :
- Feature freeze at April 30, 2018
- All features implemented and test cases completed until October 29, 2018
- Release 5.4.0 beta1 and release5_4 branch planned for October 31, 2018
- Beginn of testing phase scheduled for November 02, 2018
- End of testing phase planned for January 31, 2019
- First stable 5.4.0 release planned for March 13, 2019
- Planned maintenance for version 5.4: until Summer 2021
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 5.4:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 5.4. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
- Assignment Type Wiki
- Automatic Randomised Formation of Teams
- Booking Pool: Assign Booking Objects to Participants
- Export Submissions along with Peer Feedback
- Filter for inserting media objects from media pool
- Improved presentation of learning objective status
- Improved Re-Use of Existing Keywords
- Introducing Personal Timeline : »Learning History«
- Media Pools: Multiple Media File Import
- OER Harvester
- Survey Type: Self-Evaluation Only
F : The following features are scheduled for release 5.4 and have a declared interest in funding by one or more customers. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- »Set Portfolio Online« Message in Share-tab
- Booking Pool: Get additional user information in the booking overview
- Carry-over text into Comments
- Centralising News Settings
- Copyright filter for media objects
- Correct version handling in file object
- Custom Icon for Category Link, Course Link and Group Link
- Custom Metadata in Media Pool
- Date Filter for E-Mails
- Default sort order by date for newly created forums
- Exercise: Comparing Submissions
- Extension of Learning History: Encouraging statement and Starting Point
- Functionality upgrades of my workspace
- Hide News Older than X Days
- Hide Title, Icons and Top Actions
- Improve Usability of List of Portfolios
- Improved assignment of materials
- Improving Mail Management in List View
- Introducing Task Service and Queuing Derived Tasks
- Long Menu Question: Identical Scoring
- Mail: New Columns and Filters for Mail Folder Table
- Notification about New Comments
- OpenID Connect support
- Portfolio: Declaration of Authorship
- Presentation of Items WITHOUT Read-Permission
- Prompting to Personal Profile in First Access
- Reminders and Notifications in Booking Pool
- Replace WebDAV library
- Scoring by Questions: Adding Feedback, Scoring State and Modal Enhancements
- Set Containers to Deck of Card Listing
- Shortened Breadcrumb
- Sum up different perspectives to learning in a central area
- Support commenting of questions in question pool
- Usability: Portfolio Content Tab
- User Settings: Configure away General Settings
- User: Introducing »Data Privacy Statement« documents
- Versioning of Submissions and Gradings
- Withdrawl of Consent provokes deleting User Account
- Workflow for Personal Profile
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for 5.4 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for 5.4 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
- Cloze Question: Answer Specific Feedback
- Configurable Connection of Schedule and Sorting in Courses with Learning Plan
- Configurable Recommendation Accepting Workflow in Courses with Learning Plan
- Copy Schedule When Copying Courses with Learning Plan
- Cron Jobs: Require Access Control for Execution of Tasks
- Improve Content-Style-Editor
- Introducing Content Page Object
- Move and copy of media objects in media pools
- Multilingual Page Editor for Container Objects
- Persisting Certificates
- Relative Schedules in Courses with Learning Plan
- Reminder Mails on Schedule Periods in Courses with Learning Plan
- Schedule Dates Appear in Calendar of Courses with Learning Plan
- Usability: Creating a Portfolio from a Portfolio Template
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for 5.4:
The following features are abandoned with 5.4 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
 According to decision made by Jour Fixe at its meeting at March 12, 2018, see minutes.
Last edited: 13. Mar 2018, 23:28, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]