Information about planned and released features
On this page you can see which features have already been scheduled and implemented for ILIAS version 5.4.
- List A shows all features that are implemented, approved by the customer and published in trunk.
- List B contains all implemented features that are already approved by the customer.
- List C contains all features that are already implemented and now waiting for approval by the customer.
- List D shows all features that are currently in development and will be implemented soon.
- In list E you find features that are already settled by contract. Implementation has not started yet.
- List F includes features that are already funded but are not yet settled by contract. They make their way into 5.4 only if development resources are available.
- List G contains features which still need additional funding to be realised as desired. Every contribution is highly appreciated!
- List H is a wish list with features that are scheduled for version 5.4 by the Jour Fixe but require funding to be realised. Without financial support they won't be implemented for the next release.
- At the bottom you find a list of features with changed behaviour and a list of features that are planned to be abandoned with ILIAS 5.4.
- Additionally, there is a page Suggested for 5.4 that lists suggested features for 5.3 that have not been discussed yet. This page will be removed after publishing 5.4.0 beta1.
Timeline for 5.4:
- Feature freeze at March 31, 2018
- All features implemented and test cases completed until August 28, 2018
- Release 5.4.0 beta1 planned for August 31, 2018
- End of testing phase planned for November 19, 2018
- First stable 5.4.0 release planned for December 20, 2018
- Planned maintenance for version 5.4: until Summer 2021
List of Features
A : The following features are implemented and become part of trunk in release 5.4:
B : The following features are implemented and approved by the customer. They will be committed to trunk soon.
C : The following features are implemented and waiting for approval by the customer:
D : The following features are currently in development:
E : The following features are already settled for release 5.4. Funding is available and an appropriate contract with a service provider has been concluded to implement the feature.
F : The following features are scheduled for release 5.4 and have an option or agreement for funding. But they only will make it into the trunk if appropriate development resources are ensured, e.g. by contract with a service provider.
- Automatic Randomised Formation of Teams
- Booking Pool: Get additional user information in the booking overview
- Centralising News Settings
- Hide Title, Icons and Top Actions
- Improved assignment of materials
- News Timeline: Comments
- News Timeline: Images / Media Files in Posts
- Shortened Breadcrumb
- Survey Type: Self-Evaluation Only
G : The following features are only partly funded and need additional financial support to be implemented as described:
H : The following features are scheduled for 5.4 but still require funding! Without funding these features cannot be implemented for 5.4 and have to be postponed to a later version. Any funding for one of these features is highly appreciated!
- Configurable Connection of Schedule and Sorting in Courses with Learning Plan
- Configurable Recommendation Accepting Workflow in Courses with Learning Plan
- Copy Schedule When Copying Courses with Learning Plan
- Persisting Certificates
- Relative Schedules in Courses with Learning Plan
- Reminder Mails on Schedule Periods in Courses with Learning Plan
- Schedule Dates Appear in Calendar of Courses with Learning Plan
This section lists changes of existing objects and components due to bug fixes made for 5.4:
The following features are abandoned with 5.4 and have been removed from the ILIAS source code:
Last edited: 17. Jul 2017, 16:41, Kunkel, Matthias [mkunkel]