ILIAS is open source software and as such can be downloaded, used indefinitely and adapted by anyone - all free from license fees. The ILIAS Society (ILIAS open source e-Learning e.V.) was founded to ensure the reliable and sustainable further development of the software.
The society coordinates the complete development of the software and the testing process and also sets the rules by which new features are implemented and bugs corrected. The various bodies of the society additionally deal with the long-term development strategy and the online help. Society funds are used to finance especially important features and technical innovations.
With your membership in the ILIAS Society you are supporting the sustainable development of ILIAS. You get a vote in the general meeting of members and can therefore actively help shape the future direction the software takes. Institutional members additionally get the opportunity to prioritise bugs so that these are dealt with more swiftly. Some of our Premium Partners also offer society members special conditions.
Select the membership type that best suits you and become a member of the ILIAS Society today!
Businesses, universities, administrations and other institutions enjoy the following advantages as society members:
- A seat on the Advisory Council and influence on further development of the software
- Opportunity to share knowledge and experience with other institutions
- Acquisition of partners to improve own desired features
- Prioritised handling of reported bugs
- Use of the society's E-Learning-Community-Servers (ECS)
- Discounted services from some Premium Partners